Everything we know about Christopher Nolan’s time-traveling epic, ‘Tenet’
Haven't heard about Christopher Nolan's upcoming movie, Tenet? Here's the gist:
- It's an espionage film, but the plot dabbles with time-travel
- Not entirely a shock. According to IndieWire, Christopher Nolan has been pretty outspoken about wanting to direct a James Bond movie.
- It hits theaters in July 2020
- Warner Brothers studio gave Nolan a $225M budget, making it Nolan's biggest production to date
- John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, and among others, Michael Caine star in the film
- According to an exclusive 6-minute sneak-peek hat premiered before Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in IMAX, there's quite a lot to take in. Birth.Movies.Death reports there's counterterrorism, Nolan's trademark quick-cuts, and featured the infamous time-rewind car scene:
Tenet has a pretty well-put together cast. Many are Nolan alums from Dunkirk, The Prestige, Inception and The Dark Knight. It has all the hallmarks of a classic Nolan success, but interesting enough, Tenet is missing his favorite composer, Hans Zimmer.
For this film, Christopher Nolan opted for Ludwig Göransson, a Swedish composer who's résumé includes some action-packed heavy hitters such as Venom, Creed, Death Wish and the knockout Marvel hit, Black Panther. Ludwig is a righteous choice, but not an obvious one. The trailer reveals an industrial tone and has a memorable cacophonous percussion. In fact, the escalating beats, and echoey hits has me jonesing for a classic progressive house bass drop.
If we can expect anything, it is that Nolan will present us with something delicious. Resolution or not, the mysterious plot of this movie awaits us.